Sunday, January 24, 2010

Back on Track...


So I haven't posted anything on YouTube for quite some time now...mainly because my mom needed her camera back over Christmas and yeah, I don't have one obviously hehe. I'm at her house now as I write this, and I'm stealing it back! I have been noticing that people have been subscribing to my channel everyday so I figured I better get back into it and make some new videos!!!

I have been keeping busy in the meantime. I just did my first photoshoot of 2010 yesterday and it was fantastic! It was a boudoir shoot that I organized for my portfolio and everything came together really smoothly. I have seen a few of the photos so far and I'm more than pleased with them! I can't wait to see the rest. I'll post a couple. The models are gorgeous and I'm glad to say that I have super hot friends who really know how to work the camera! Thanks girls :)

I have another shoot coming up in a couple of weeks more for bridal looks. It's always good to add as many of those into your portfolio that you can. As I'm hoping to do more wedding shows in the near future, I definitely want to have as much visual material as possible. Doing these shoots doesn't feel like work to me at all, and even though its for free it's so much fun collaborating with other talented hairstylists and photographers to create these works of art through people. I would love to be able to do this for a living...doing photography work I've realised is something I feel really passionate about.

So I've been surrounded by lots of positive energy, not only from my workplace, my husband, my aquaintances, but especially from my friends! I have so much support behind me, it's really given me so much hope and drive to go for my goals. Right now I'm just going to really focus on everything step-by-step: creating a phenomenal portfolio, building my wedding clientele, and establishing my name...and with a lot of consistent hard work and determination, I think things will eventually fall into line. Even if they don't right away, I'm going to keep on trying until they do. This is what I want to do and I'm going to do it!

I feel so lucky to have a career I enjoy and love come so naturally to me...I know it's really difficult for some people to find their passion; to find something that they're good at and make it into a dream job. But I do believe everyone has a talent in some form or another and there's always a way that you can use it to your advantage and find fulfillment. Sometimes it takes more time than others...but never give up! You will find your calling.

c2

By the way, I got my new business cards and they look freakin' awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment