Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Growing Up

Lately I've been wanting to improve in all aspects of my life: my relationships, my attitude toward work, my business, my health, my personality toward strangers...the list goes on. In fact, the list could go on forever and really, there is no possible way that I could perfect everything. Sometimes I feel stressed because my "to do" list always seems overwhelming and impossible to complete. I started reading this book recently that my best friend lent me. It's called, "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...and it's all small stuff" by Richard Carlson. It really brought back into perspective what is important in my life and made me realise simple ways to stay positive and enjoy life - because we only have one life and we're living it right now! We have to make the best of it. (So thank-you for that, Kim!!!)

So this blog isn't really too makeup-related. Although, makeup is a large part of my life; it's my career! So I guess it ties in. I have been working fairly steadily at expanding my portfolio and improving my website etc. And I plan to keep working hard at it - but I'm trying to also balance other things in my life in order to enjoy the simple things. It can be difficult at times to have the time for everyone and everything. I have a husband first and foremost, and many pets to take care of. I have a couple best friends that I'm quite close with, as well as new friends I'm building relationships with. I have my business priorities that I'm constantly replying to emails and requests, so I have to stay on top of that. My work is separate and luckily I only work 4 days a week! I have my family; all my parents who each need separate visits and siblings that have busy schedules as well. No wonder life can be overwhelming!!! To me, these are all the most important things that need attention in my life...and I'm still learning how to do it all.

As we become adults, we get all of these responsibilities and life changes so much. I feel like this is the year that I'm really, truly changing into an adult. I've been thinking about how things will never be the same. Sometimes I feel scared. Sometimes I don't like it. But, I'm learning to accept it - slowly but surely. Almost all of my friends are at different places in their lives right now, so sometimes it's hard to relate to anybody. I know that this will pass someday, and things will become easier again. All I can do is keep chugging through and remember that it is all small stuff in the whole scheme of things and not to get too overwhelmed. There are a lot of people in our lives that we love, but sometimes we can't please everyone. As long as you are genuinely trying your best (which for a while there, I wasn't), then that's all you can do! So for these transitional stages in life, just keep your focus on what matters most to you...and work on that.

c2


No comments:

Post a Comment