Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Contouring & Highlighting

Hey lovelies!

So I made a quick tutorial on how to contour and highlight the face. I feel that this is a very important part of basic makeup knowledge as it creates more depth and definition in your facial features and that's partly what makeup is all about - making your features stand out!

So all the steps are there...it's kind of quick but the main thing you want to remember is to blend, blend, BLEND! Start with your lighter colors first (always) and then add the darker colors gradually...if you plop it on too fast it's going to look blotchy and dirty and not nice at all. If your using creme products to contour and highlight, I find the warmth from your fingers to blend it out works best. If you're using powder products, using soft, fluffy, natural hair brushes give the best results.

So here is the list of products I used:

Foundation - Liquid Minerals (Jane Iredale)
Concealer - Circle/Delete 1 (Jane Iredale)
Translucent Powder - Merle Norman
Bronzer - Arbonne International
Blush - Dolly Mix (MAC)

That's about it...I know I've been using some of the same products/colors in my tutorials, I'm planning to switch it up a bit. Keep watching! Subscribe, rate, and comment. Thanks everyone!

C2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v05yDQOJhfY

No comments:

Post a Comment